Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Post any Materials that you have any questions about their ability to recycle. Look through the items and answer fellow students if you know the answer to their materials ability to recycle.

Inactive

Can I recycle yogurt cups?

Inactive

How much can a recycling load be contaminated with food scraps before it is thrown out instead of recycled?

Participant

I’ve been trying to find out if toothpaste tubes can be recycled. And I’m also curious–what can NOT be recycled in Utah?

Participant

Most yogurt cups are #5 plastics and they are recyclable.

Participant

I found out the toothpaste tubes cannot be recycled. But Tom’s of Maine has a program through TerraCycle where you can send in used toothpaste tubes to be recycled. Once I’m done with the toothpaste I have, I’m switching to Tom’s.

http://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/tom-s-of-maine-natural-care-brigade.html

Participant

Dog food bags (pet food bags)
    I don’t see any info printed on the bag to determine what it is made out of. Seems like a shiny plastic.. The brand is Exceed

Inactive

Can i recycle: inline skate wheels, gift cards/credit cards/hotel room keys, DVDs/CDs, envelopes with the clear windows in them, wire, what types of steel, besides cans, is acceptable for recycling?

Inactive

Can I recycle school milk cartons?

Participant

As far as I know, YES school milk cartons are recyclable! (Unless the carton is coated?) This website talks about excellent ways that schools do their carton recycling http://recycle-bowl.org/wp-content/uploads/School-Carton-Recycling-Best-Practices-Resources-June-2013.pdf

Inactive

How important is it that recyclable materials are clean? Rather, can I recycle materials that have oils or food on them? How clean do they need to be?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.